1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Serpentine mount an old MM I belt-driven hydraulic pump?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Ruffian, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Ruffian

Ruffian Junior Member

1993 Chevrolet K2500 Cheyenne
    Serpentine belt. ... (ready for this? :rolleyes: ) 6.2l Diesel with A/C on the belt as well as power steering.

my 2 6.2l engine are out of the truck on engine stands as I build up the engine components so I have access and can swap things around ok, but I am really under the gun to get our engine installed right away to get at least the daily driver part going this week.

I have an old fisher SpeedCast plow with the older v-belt pump sitting beside the garage here.

So, this morning as I am picking components and belt setup to build up the engine for install (tonight, possible), I' thinking ahead a bit here about how I'm going to get the plow up and running over the next month. zero to no budget on the plow for now, but I can begin puling what I'll need together with your help.

Ultimately.... My hope/goal is this 6.2L diesel (GM) with plow, with A/C for next sumer, with power steering, alternator within the next month here if possible.

However, I ned help finding a pic or video of ANYone that's done this?

Respectfully,
    Ruffian (in Vermont)

2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I'm sorry ruffan to bum u out BUT u have a better chance of hitting the lottery than finding the brackets/pully for that trk with a 6.2 and AC its probably a budget buster but u might think about going relay 2 plug with a older sehp pwr unit

3. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

You could also purchase one of the aftermarket generic plow electric/hydraulic packs. You should be able to find one for between $600 and $800

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Welcome aboard. Now are you doing this for the fabrication enjoyment, or no money to buy a electric unit? You can find older units pretty cheap if you look around.

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I am not even sure I understand what you want to do. Forgive me. So you have a 6.2 diesel. Does it have factory serpintine set up. 6 rib ?. Do you have the speedcast pump with the generic bracket, ie. small block chevy. So your goal is to incorporate the speedcast into the factory serpintine drive set up? Is my assumption correct ? I am sure it can be done, but your fabrication and machining skills better be up to par. You are going to have to adapt a serpintine pulley to your speedcast. First thing is you need to find a pulley. Might want to look at a GM powersteering pulley as a base. They you are going to have to machine a spud or a hub to adapt this to the speedcast. You have a lathe don't you. Then you will need to weld the spud you machined to your serp pulley you are modifying. Cannot remember if the speedcast pumps have a keyway, if so you will need to broach your spud you made for a keyway. You have a broching tool and a press right? Once you get that part done now you will need to fabricate brackets for the pump so that you can drive it with the factory serp set up. You will most likely need another tensioner pulley and or idler pulley. I am sure this can be done with the right machine tools and welding but probably not worth it.