1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Serpentine instead of v-belt.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by southbronxems, Feb 27, 2011.

1. southbronxems

southbronxems Junior Member

Just wanted to share my setup with everyone. I have a 1994 Suburban with the old belt drive setup. I switched the pulley with a serpentine pulley and mounted conventionally on the drivers side halfway between the p/s pump and the alternator. I did have some trouble finding a pulley with 1/2" inner diameter though. Parts store found one with teeth, so I had to drill out 1 tooth to make room for the keyway. No problems as of yet with the setup, although pump is running a little slow. If I dont come across a better pump by next year, Im gonna try the p/s pump/plow pump hybrid... I currently use a 102" belt to run everything. Im on Long Island and we might not get anymore snow. There is always wishful thinking though...

2. southbronxems

southbronxems Junior Member

here is the pic.

Feb23_0001[1].jpg