1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Serious equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hvphotog, Feb 13, 2009.

1. hvphotog

hvphotog Junior Member

some serious snow pushing power

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the mother of snow pushers

[[​IMG]

ussmileyflag

2. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Those are some sweet!!! Do you plow commercial lots with them??

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Is the Steiger's blade photoshopped because it looks off. I'm assuming they are for plowing backcountry because the blades don't trip and you have tracks. Sweet pics, they must be fun to run.:drinkup:

4. hvphotog

hvphotog Junior Member

They are not mine, i found them on the net... lol wish i had use for something that large i would imagine airports and large parking lots

This is mine below, missing are my F-350 mason dump and the black 150 with the snow blowing crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

Most likely snowmobile trails
    The green tractor has a snowmobile club sticker on the hood

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The blades are for something other then airports or large parking lots because the blades don't trip and we've wrote blades like on the 2 smaller tractors off the in the first storm when we hit a manhole.

7. hvphotog

hvphotog Junior Member

what about those pusher blades on front end loaders.. they don't trip either but clear lots good.. ?

8. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Thats exactly what they are used for. Notice the first two pics the blades are not very high, for that size tractor.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Their rubber, no trip is nooo good. They are trail groomers as said above, I should have known that.

10. hvphotog

hvphotog Junior Member

That red one looks like it could push some serious snow

11. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

Snowmobile trail groomers...

board-profile.jpg

12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Thats insane

13. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I would agree with trail grooming. The stx 535 has pleanty of power but the blade would not be able to lift that high as it has only about 2' of front ground to pan clearance. Also in order to lift the fuel tank would have to be full and even then I'm not sure it would lift without the rear end comming off the ground. There is little weight in the back end. I am also unsure if the tracks would hold a grip on a slippery surface. As you are not supposed to turn with the diff's locked in.

14. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Yeah, a lot of the clubs in upstate New york have tractors like that for their trails.

15. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

jesus the case 535 blade looks like it came off a Cat D10 from the coal mines

16. Craaaig

Craaaig Senior Member

that case 535 is crazy

17. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

have you tractor/dozer guys seen the new JD 764HSD?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwq99t3AKIA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwq99t3AKIA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

oh yeah the company that i used to work for was the first one to try it out and they bought 2 of them before they went under IMO there junk they only work pushing loose material completely underpowered and its worthless without GPS i ran one for a day and jumped off it and jumped back in my 850J that i was running at the time. Maybe if they added a trip edge and a bigger blade with some wings it would prolly would make an awsome snow pusher

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  19. A Man

A Man Senior Member

I think that Case would be a little big for snowmobile trials but I could see it working well for pushing at snow dumps, also moving snow uphill at ski resorts, altho that said there is a guy in town running the same machine at the local college, different pusher tho.

20. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

The Case is most likely used for corn silage.