1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Series 22 won't go up

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by gmonast, Dec 20, 2008.

1. gmonast

gmonast Junior Member

Hi all,

I need to vent.

Yesterday, (Friday) I paid over $4,100.00 (inc. tax) to have a 22 series Sno-way plow put on my 2008 Tacoma, just in time to test it out on 12" of fresh snow. Upon picking up my truck at the Sno-way dealer, the owner was showing me how everything worked and released one of the locking pins. When he tried to get it to go back in the hole, he was unable to without beating it in with a hammer. He said that it would loosen up in time and that I shouldn't be concerned.

On my way home, I turned on the lights. One pointed out and to the right and the other one pointed straight down in front of the truck. Later, when I mentioned this to the dealer, and told him that the Sno-way owners manual said "In order to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards A SAE J602 Approved aiming device MUST be used to aim plow lights", his response was "we don't have one of those". No apology.

Today (Saturday), after a half hour of uneventful plowing, the plow would no longer go up. I tried down pressure, left and right. All worked except up. I drove the truck forward and backward several times and finally, seemingly for no apparent reason, the plow went up.

So, I brought it back to the dealer who said that he replaced a couple of valves and the receiver module. Before leaving the dealer, I tried plowing and all seemed to work. Of course, when I got home, the same thing happened again.

I called the dealer back and asked if I could bring it in and he said that I would have to wait until Monday when the Sno-way factory was open to find out what could be wrong.

I am extremely dissatisfied. Is this typical service for a Sno-way dealer?

Does anybody know what could be wrong with the plow?

Thanks.
    Gerry

2. snowworks

snowworks Junior Member

Sorry to hear you are having the issues you are with the 22 series..

I installed one on my jeep liberty last season the only real issue Ive had with it was the weld on one of the lift cylinders had a pin hole leak on it. took it back to the dealer they re-welded it and hasn't leaked since.

Over all the plow for its size is a great plow.. It sounds to me that the dealer you are using is a moron. If you goto there web site you should be able to get a list of the dealers in your area they will all be able to help you with warranty work. this is what they have listed for the New York Area http://www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/showDealers. Hope That helps.

Once you get what ever issue you are having with your plow worked out I'm sure you will be happy with it. I've been happy with mine.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No but another thing to check is the pad alignment in the control. Sometimes the pads get out of line and need to be properly placed for consistent controls