1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Serial #/ year?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Cooter24, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Just looked at another plow,810-1577 was the serial #. It was a 2 piston per wing. What year would this be and would it work with the wiring from my 05-07 plows? Thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

any pics??? but im thinking its a 99.....4 hoses going to the boxes=99

3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Yeah, 4 hoses per side. I knew the 99 had them, wasn't sure when they redesigned. But will it b compatible w my other plows? I suppose not, 1 more function for the other cylinder to work.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea 99s were there own plows...not sure if compatable with older predd plows

5. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Cooter ... as long as the plow isn't a '99 with the motor solenoid on the plow, the plow should work with the later harnesses. The extra wing cup cylinders worked off of a sequence valve which basically sent the hydraulic fluid to them only when the slide box cylinder was at full stroke. I do recall having some problems with the powerhitch switch though ... get back to me if you get to that bump in the road.

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

99-02 had 4 hose/2cylinders per wing. Later 02's may have been 2hose/single cylinder per wing.

The 99's are not difficult to use on newer PH 1 platform. Just remove the plow mounted motor solenoid. You will have to run one wire to the power hitch switch from vehicle battery to use the power hitch, as the 99 plow side harness does not have the pink wire in it.

(This is assuming single plug harness, some 99 models used a 2 plug configuration with a round function plug and an anderson plug for power/ground supply)

7. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

So if its a 00-02 it will work w out any modifications? Any thing that needs to b done to the older wing design to ensure reliability? Thanks for the replies. It does have the single molded plug.

8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Other usual PM and upgrades apply.

9. MrBillsLawn

MrBillsLawn Member

If you want more info you can go to www.blizzardplows.com and go into the publication section. You have to click on the "(pre 2006 era)" tab. From there you can look at the full breakdown of the plows.

Easiest ways to tell if it is a '99...... the two plug system, the solenoid on the plow motor, in '99 they did not have the diagonal piece of re-enforcement on the back of the moldboard on the top of the slide box area (if you have one you will know what I am talking about), and they did not have a welded piece of steel keeping the very end of the lock jaw separated.

As far as compatibility, they will work as long as you have an updated plow side harness. Print off the user manuals and compare your wires. The best thing to do is go to the place that you are buying it from...... drive up to hook it up and see if it works. If it doesn't work, then you have just created yourself more bargaining power. Worst case you will have to get a new plow side harness and re-wire it to the plow.......not as hard as it sounds. You can get an up dated harness with the diode pack for under $200....... from there its just matching the wire colors and cut and splice with water tight connecters.

We have a '99 that we use every time it snows, and I just picked up another complete with brand new mount, lights and light harness for $800. All we have to do is re-wire the plow, paint the thing, and we are off and running........ serial number is -0075.

Before you plow with it you will want to do some modifications. Add some steel along both sides of the middle ribs.......we use 1"x1/2" flat stock. You will also want to add some stops for the lift (otherwise the manifold will hit your bumper) and a plate on the top side and bottom side of the main pin. If you have a new plow (2004 or newer) just look and what is different and add it to the other plow. If you take the slide boxes/wings out, replace all the pins with stainless. This will help with rust and allow you to get them out two years down the road. If you break the little cylinder in the slide box, take it to your local dynamics shop and have them rebuild it....... unless you want to pay the $290 for a new one. We can get them rebuilt local for about $50.

Just don't be afraid....... they are still great plows, they just need a little work to get them back up to snuff.

10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I don't know the cutoffs year to year on the serial number, but I think it is beyond a 99 based on my collection of multiple years of plows.

Regardless, good advice from MrBill for all years.

And those little cylinders are not difficult to rebuild, hardest thing is just the removal from the plow and tear-down.

11. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Just called the seller back and he sold it right before I called. Guess I'll keep looking.

12. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Mr.Bill is right on with the lookup at Blizzard's website. Only thing that it doesn't tell you is what the year is based on S/N. I got a master parts book a few years back that has the S/N splits in it if anyone is curious.
    BTW I have customer running a very low S/N 810 ... believe it is in the teens. Anyone got one lower?

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'd definately be interested in that info^^^^^

Where did you get the book?

And the # in the teens is awesome! Imagine having #1. That would be a Blizzard guru's wet dream.