1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Serial Number?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bstout, Nov 23, 2007.

1. bstout

bstout Member

Where is the serial number on a Boss 7' 6" Sport Duty plow?

According to the warranty card that came with my new plow the serial number is located on the back of the push frame. I couldn't find it on the push frame. I looked in the owners manual and didn't see anything about serial numbers.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

On a stright blade it should be on the A-Frame. Look where the lift hydro connects to the A-frame. It should be right there. It is just a little white sticker maybe 2x2

3. bstout

bstout Member

I looked there and no number. Maybe it has something to do with it being a Sport Duty?

There is a little black tab sticking down out of the bottom of the box cover with CPA 442 and a few other digits. I don't know if that is the part number for the box or if that is a serial number for the whole rig?

I'm going to call Boss Customer Service tomorrow to find out.

4. bstout

bstout Member

:dizzy: I found it! If it had been a poisonous snake I would have been in trouble!!! :D

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Where was it at? For what I thought, all straight blades #s were in the same place!

6. bstout

bstout Member

It was on the front of the back piece of stock on the A frame. It can only be seen from the front. The light tower and hydraulics compartment completely cover it up when the blade is not on the truck.

With the SmartHitch 2 this translates to you can't see the serial number unless the blade is on the truck. It's my understanding never to move the light tower by hand but to always use the toggle switch only. When I put the blade on the truck I found it right away.

If Boss would have put the sticker on the back of the push frame instead of the front the serial number would be visible regardless. A picture of the serial number location in the owners manual would also be a grin for us newbies.