1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seperate triggers for walks and drives?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Grn Mtn, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

From experience people tend to gripe most about the walks, so does anyone do zero tollerance or 1/2" trigger on the walks but 3" on the drives? Seems this would keep the bids lower overall but be safer. Kindof a win win for the HOA's. Thoughts.....

2. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

i shovel and salt sidewalks and salt parking lots every event. 1" or less. I dont start plowing till above 1" not sure where ur at but here we get a lot of dusting storms. It adds to the pocket book and keeps the property safe.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Depends,are the walks a separate and billed each time done? Or is it part of the whole bid? There is HOA that I bid on a few years ago and they did not want the walks done. Each person was responsible for their own. The reason was that they ,the HOA could be sued for if they were paying to have them done. This way if something happened only the owner of that unit would be sued not the whole HOA.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

hey grandview, hows buff treating you... still have the ff on the mailbox out front?

thats interesting about the HOA, not suprising in the least.

5. big acres

big acres Senior Member

We have split trigger on both commercial and hoa accounts... recently added one where only the common walks are done at a lower trigger since the are used by the public, guests, etc... the indiviaula unit walks are less likely to have peopl other than the residents on them.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Good and yes.:D