1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seperate accounting for snow& land

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by grandview, Oct 26, 2005.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

My question is do have seperate accounting for each?
    what i mean is when your doing bids for snowplowing do you figure in any of your mower payments or any other summer equipment.or do you only do summer and only winter expenses? and then whole year.I know everybody has fixed expenses like phone truck office supplies etc.

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Now thats an interesting question... I am interested in people's replies.

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I do all my plowing and mowing on flat contract fees.

This way I can set up a budget for the year, including any mower / plow / tractor / truck / house payments.

So, yes, I include all those in my bids for plowing, because I have the bill in the winter as well.

4. chris k

chris k Senior Member

I will include plow equipment in my landscape budget. I do not inlcude landscape equipment in my snow budget. The easiest way to explain it is that our winters in New England can vary from one extreme to the other from year to year. I know what my landscape company will make in a season so I do take into consideration new snow equipment into the budget. I do not try to base my snow purchases on past years of plowing. If we have a good winter and I can get a new peice of equipment then it would be something that I would not have really needed but since the extra cash is their I wil purchase it so the gov't doesn'e end up with it.