1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

separate batterys for your lights??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tojay22, Nov 18, 2007.

1. tojay22

tojay22 Member

i have heard of a few guys putting separate battery's in there toolbox's for all there lights. do any of you guys run these setups? wouldn't the batteries go dead? just curious

2. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

I run ff the truck battery so the alternator will keep it juiced up. I do however install an aftermarket 8 place fuse block. I wire it to the battery with a circuit breaker in line. I run my plow lights, radio, etc. off it. Keeps the stock fuse box from having a bunch of stuff plugged into the face of it.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Use the Search Function on the gray line above. Search " Charging, Power, Duel Batteries, Low Power - etc". It's beat to death here weekly. You could read for days with all the stuff that has been posted on the subject. The plow pump is the big power drain. The lights just add to the drain.

4. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

You can do that with a multi battery isolator and charge each independently of the other, and draw from them seperately. Read about them Here