1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Senior discounts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Do any of you offer senior discounts or anything? I have one customer that's been asking me. She is a great customer and pays her bills right away. I feel that I can't really give her a more fair price than I already do. I try and price residential jobs fair in the first place. If I discount a $40 job, I risk cutting to much into my profit margin. I don't want her to think that I am greedy, because I am not. I just want her to know that the market is competive and I give fair prices from the beginning. Any advice for me on this one? I am thinking about telling her what I basically said, but don't want to rub her the wrong way, or think that I don't appreciate her. I know you guys would say to drop her, but she is loyal, and I don't like getting rid of customers.

2. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

keep her rate the same, don't raise it the usual 3%...there's her discount..old people are cheap!!!!!!
  3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's what I figured. I told her $40 last year, so I will keep it the same this year I guess. I understand wanting to save money, especially now, but she has to remember I gotta make money doing my job too.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tell her if she was a new customer she would be paying 50.00 .Now if she wants to get the discount she will have a new price of 50 bucks with a 10% discount if she wants it.
  5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

no senior discounts here either. It has been my experience that the seniors have more money than they know what to do with. They got it however by saving every nickel they could, and that includes negotiating with the plow guy. I price the driveway the same, irregardless of who owns it.
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If she were seasonal, you might offer a discount for paying up front. Pre-paying per push would just be more hassle than it's worth, I would think.
  7. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Sure does suck getting old. :cry: