1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Senior Citizen Discount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POWER STROKE, Dec 6, 2011.

1. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE Member

I was thinking of offer a senior discount and was woundering if anyone else offers this and if so how much of a discount do you offer them (5%-10%). I was thinking of a 5% discount.

Thanks in advance for any help or input.

2. clc2007

clc2007 Member

I offer senior,police,fire and ems 5% discount.

3. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE Member

Thanks clc2007
    for your input and help

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I've thought about doing something very similar, either a punch card type of thing or set discount. I don't do seasonal for snow, everything is per push.
    Most seniors around here have small drives like you basics two car wide by 30 feet deep with about 40-50ft of walks. This would be a $30-35 per push job, at 10% it's $3-3.50 off which really it's that much when you think about it. Now if you did a punch card type of thing were on the 11th push it's free, financially it's the same discount but the customer has the sense of getting a freebie. To entice them to sign on again the next year the punch card would carry into the following season. So say at the end of this season their punch card has 4 more pushes to go before they get a freebie. Next season after the first 4 pushes that card is full and the next one is a freebie. Now it wouldn't be an actual card that you'd punch, I was thinking it's be something that would be shown on the invoice. This way there's a electronic record for easy on maintaining and they would have a hard copy.