1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sending out proposals for work not won automatically the following year???

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by TGS Inc., Aug 27, 2013.

1. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

Wondering if anyone can share how they go about sending out proposals the following year for work you didn't win. So lets say you bid 50 new sites. You have all that data on proposals. Do you send them out again the following year? If so, how are you managing to put them on paper again? Excel spreadsheet imported to a word doc??? Just wondering what system you all are using for this. I seem to have a lot of quotes that could / should get re-sent the following year but don't because of a process issue.

My only idea would be to take all data at the time of the original proposal and put it into a spreadsheet.

Thoughts??

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Every yr I send out to the same place.You never know when the other guy quit or got dumped.

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Use Quickbooks. Duplicate estimate, click duplicate estimate change dates. Print/email. Very simple for exactly what you are talking about.

4. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I resend each year. My contract/proposal is on the computer prefilled out besides a few blanks. Once I fill out a new one it is saved in year____ folder as pending snow work. The following year I just go through those change a few dates and back out it goes.

5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

good idea guys, I'm going to do that with my quickbooks, I gotta admit I dont resend quotes, but i prob should...another thing for the to do list.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Set it up just like your automatic delivery of your 2-4 :drinkup: