1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sending out a quote request. Time?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by vmj, Jul 28, 2016.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Every year I drive around and take down some addresses for com lots, and send out a letter stating who I am, my service, and if there looking for a quote on there snow removal. I usually send them out late sept beginning of Oct.. I have gotten a few over the years.. I'm starting to wonder if I should send out this letter and not be to early or to late,, Thanks
  2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I send my bids oot before Labor Day, but our season starts in October and goes thru May .

Early bird......
  3. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

You state you scored a few, Just keep doing what your doing. Better early than late.
  4. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I have gotten a couple of calls but not many. That's why I'm thinking in to late sending them out... Think I will send them by Labor Day this year. I don't send my contracts out untill oct
  5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

What you also want to take a notice of. During the winter, take notes of the places with poor service. Hit these people up. Be able to give references. All they can say is no.
  6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure your envelope "PoP" for attention
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Early worm gets dead. :p
  8. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

Knock on the doors and introduce yourself, give them a business card and personally deliver the bid to them -(makes you known to them) instead of impersonal letter from someone they have never met.