1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

semi trailer load of baged ice melt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by TPC Services, Oct 15, 2008.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Kind of woundering if you guys could lead me to what companies i can talk to about getting a trailer full of palleted ice melt, Got awarded a couple of new clients that are going to require me to put now a lot of ice melt every minute of the day So thinking I would try to get the best deals I can on a semi load instead of just getting 6 pallets at a time like I did last year,

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I got all my bagged salt at Mills Fleet Farm last year and they won't even give me a price yet this year. Check your local grain Co-Op. They had it all last year and it was cheaper.

3. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

seen ur a fellow Iowan what part of Iowa do you live in

thanks for the info

4. Seth

Seth Junior Member
    from Erie

I can get you a semi load. I'll send you my info.

5. Seth

Seth Junior Member
    from Erie

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Clear Lake......almost Mn...lol

7. empire14

empire14 Junior Member

Ice Melt

Guys,
    My family is in the wholesale salt business. We have 75 trailer loads of ice melt calcium chloride. they are 50# and 100# bags. Very good prices, below wholesale. I'm in new York (Upstate) Give me a call if the price is right we can set up shipping.
    Joe
    Empire Wholesale\ Empire Property Service
    e-mail empirecny@yahoo.com

8. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

This thread is over two years old... haha

9. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

for those that may run across this while searching, your local sams club can hook you up on salt by the trailer load, and will split trailer loads between people. decent pricing.

But, i found menards has 80 lb bags for 6.48 when ordered by the pallet load of coarse ground salt. if you use that stuff.