1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

semi homade sidewalk plow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by JLsDmax, Jan 3, 2011.

1. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

Heres a project i've been working on just for fun, its an 89 craftman tractor, i have a 48" plow, havent used it besides playing around the shop lot.

Attached Files:

2. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

That needs a better seat on it.
  3. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

Nice. How close are the tires in the rear? Will chains rub?
  4. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

..its an 89 craftsman tractor it doesnt really need a crazy seat its more of a keep myself busy kind of project
  5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

That's it? Needs a better seat...?

Looks like an interesting project. I'd be interested in more pictures of the dual rear end conversion.
  6. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

I dont really have pictures of the dual tire install, but basically its a back half of a similar year tractor. Both axels have 5-speed transmissions on them with separate shifters, the fist axel is belt driven, The plan for the the second axel is to be chain driven off the first transmission. I just havent got the right chain to power the second axel.
    The tires are about two inches apart, i do not think chains will rub, but i do not think i would have to run two sets of chains just on the front or rear axels in order to get traction. Plus im not planning on running it in a situation where snow removal in necessary. Its a hobby project, we have several snowblowers and shovelers
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  7. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

It does look bad ass. It would be even better if you could get the front wheels powered too!
  8. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

I considered this, it would be unstoppable, but it has an 1989 11hp motor in it, and i have already blown up a similar motor by asking too much from it
  9. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Yeah, it needs a better seat and a beer cooler on the back. Then it will be the ultimate outdoor country music festival cruiser. Oooh yeah, needs a gun rack too. Thumbs Up

I'm serious. I dig it. I have a Case 448 and a 446 that has a toasted motor, I may have to do a scaled up version of this.
  10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Thats cool!
  11. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

just thinking outload, but could you run chains from the front to the back track style?
    would you then need to power the rear tires?

just wondering. add some weight for traction but then your gonna loose steering.
  12. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

i thought about making the rear on tracks but figured they'd wear out fast and make steering more difficult than it already is..plus this is low budget
  13. hauler1000

hauler1000 Junior Member

cool project

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

thats cool it needs a dual axle trailer fender out of diamond plate though, to make it blend better,