1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Selling the truck, 98 F-250 light duty

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by thesnowman269, May 8, 2010.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

heres the add on criagslist, I made the flatbed for it only as a temporary thing till I could find a new bed in good condition has alot of new parts on it, Ive put a lot of time and money into this truck, everything I know about cars is because Ive fixed everything on this truck. And now its for sale WITH OUT the plow.
    http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/1730990899.html

2. thesnowman269

Bump.......

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would put some more info in your add. Like what motor it is, how many miles, what is wrong with the motor and maybe some better/more pictures of the truck.

I would also put a price with a best offer on it alot of people (me included) would think that you want way to much for it and are hoping for a offer that you could accept.

Just a thought

4. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I'll give you $600 cash, thats my best offer.

5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

After look at pictures that is way too low. It would be worth $1000 period with all parts that was new.

Maybe I should call all low baller to go Indiana to steal all your account and charge for $10 to plow.

6. thesnowman269

I put over $600 in it in the past 2 weeks thats a little bit too low for me

7. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Sorry if you think thats too low; but new engine -$2000, new bed -$500, painting the bed to match the rest of the truck -$300. I'd have $3400 of MY money wrapped up into a 12 year old truck. That sounds like a pretty fair price price for a 12 year old truck, at least around my part of the state. I really don't care how much of YOUR money is wrapped up into it because your money and my money are to very seperate things. Now, if you were to sink the approx. 2800 into it to make it a presentable, drivable, truck then my offer would be much higher. But seeing how theres still alot of work to be done, $600 still stands.

8. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I don't low ball when I'm the one receiving money, just when I"m giving...

9. thesnowman269

Well I thank you for your offer. But I have decided to just keep it and fix it. It's more sensable for my money

10. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

that the first number to popin my head, not to low ball but the truck needs work and doesnt run. if you dont sell it let me know

11. thesnowman269

yes its not low for a non running truck but ive been offered more for it and didnt take it, Ive decided im just gunna rebuild the lower end of the engine with a new crankshaft and bearings and throw a set of new head gaskets on there and It will be good to go.... stupid rod knock...

12. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Probable your best bet................

13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

You need replaced heads too

no oil they screw Cam bushing in head.

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

what's that have the 4.6 in it?

15. thesnowman269