1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Selling my plow equipment to friend, will it fit?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by yellow78ford, Nov 2, 2007.

1. yellow78ford

yellow78ford Junior Member

I had a 78 f150 4x4, which I have sold but kept the plow equipment. It has the meyer 7.5 blade, and e47 pump with wiring and lights. I know none of my frame brackets or mounts from my 78 f150 will fit his 96 (97?) f250 5.8l 4x4. Question is, what does he actually need to mount this blade and pump to his truck? Since this is an older type blade, will only a solid mount (not minute mount) type work? Is he better off just finding a complete setup from a similar year truck and forget about buying my stuff? I don't want to rip him off I was asking $200 for a working e47 pump, lights, wiring, and blade. All he would need are the frame mounts and upper hoop..... correct?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

mount

get the torch and welder out , no problems i do not know how much you are selling it for?

3. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

If your's was on a 78, it wasn't an EZ mount. It was a conventional mount. If it's really old (circa late 70's/early 80's) I'm not sure if the A frame width is the same between the anchor points. If it's newer than that, the width should be the same and he can use your blade, pump, controls and lights. He just needs a conventional mount or EZ mount for the '97. Just the hoop isn't enough, he needs the lower carton as well.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The truck side mount will be different. It should be a classic mount plow. Try looking at used dealers they can help. All the plow side stuff will be fine,pump,lights,etc.
    You may be in more money to make it work vers another setup that fits from the start.