1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Selling my '92 Chevy 3500 w/ 6.5L diesel and 7.5 Ft Meyers

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ross3031, Dec 21, 2008.

1. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Selling my back up plow truck. Its a 1992 Chevy 3500(1-ton) 4x4, reg. cab, long bed, with the 6.5L turbo diesel and automatic tranny. This is a work truck for sure but is in great condition, no rust at all. The truck runs and drives awesome. Has power windows, locks, tilt, cruise, ice cold AC, and newer 33" tires. Truck comes with a 7.5 ft Meyers straight blade plow. (I'll get a picture of the truck with the plow on it soon). Plow is mounted and working perfectly, has a newer cutting edge. This is a great truck and i don't want to sell it but i dont think i'm going to be needing it this winter and no need for it to just sit around. $4,300. (440)371-8555, Kyle

[​IMG]

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Damn me for being poor!!!!!!! I would buy that thing in a heartbeat!!!

3. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

Miles? hows the tranny? dose it leak anything? can we see som pics of the inside and under side of the truck? and how far from Detroit are you aproxx? Im interested

4. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Everything he said.

5. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

300K miles. The thing about the 6.5L's though is that most either last 100k and die or will last 500k without an issue. Has some new parts and tranny and transfer case were just rebuilt 30k ago. The reverse is a little wierd sometimes, gotta rev it up to get it moving. Talked to a couple tranny guys and they seem to think its something small, something about a govenor that probably wasnt put back in right. Many new front end parts also. Gotta top off the oil about once a month but thats about it. Like i said, its a work truck for sure but it runs and drives awesome.

I'm about a half hour west of Cleveland...

I'll try to get some more pics up soon. Under carriage and body is completely rust free. Interior is pretty damn good for being 16 years old. Carpet isnt stained too bad at all and dash isnt faded. No rips in seats.

6. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

I have an extra set of black 15 in. rims also

7. bunick

bunick Junior Member

Will you sell the just plow? If so how much and where is it located? Any pictures?

8. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

awesome looking truck...i'm in rocky river and was wondering if you could get some pics up with the plow on? thanks and good luck this winter

9. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Ya, i think i can get some pics up by tonight for ya....