1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

selling meyer poly plow question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jheck74, Apr 14, 2015.

1. jheck74

jheck74 Junior Member

I just bought a 2001 F250 that has a STP-7.5 Meyer poly plow. E-60 pump with EZ classic mount and touchpad controller. I'm not going to plow, so I'm going to sell everything. My question is, the poly has a crack in it. Would it be worth it to me to reskin the plow before selling it? Thanks for any input.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Maybe...maybe not. This time of year isn't prime time for plow selling. Next fall will be. If you're willing to just get a decent offer for how it sits, I'd sell it as is.

3. jheck74

jheck74 Junior Member

Ok thanks. I wouldn't even know what a decent off is. I guess I can run everything by the local Meyer dealer and see what they think.

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I sold a 8.5 "C" Poly, E-60, Classic EZ Mount with a new cutting edge and wings 2yrs ago for $2200.00 to a guy with the same truck it was on. I had put new pins, new center pin bushing, everything was freshly painted, new hoses, rebuilt cylinders and pump rebuilt/bench tested. The plow was in very good shape.
    You'll freak out when you hear how much a new poly skin is, I bet it'll be close to $750.00 and it won't make your outfit worth $750.00 more.
    Not knowing what kind of shape yours is in a guess would be $1500-1600 to the "right buyer".
    FWIW the most valuable thing you have is the pump and the hoop.

5. jheck74

jheck74 Junior Member

Ok, thanks for the info.