1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

selling it all! No more business

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by stroker79, Feb 5, 2010.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I got a job that I couldn't refuse so I am getting out of the biz.

I was going to keep most of it since its all in very good condition but I would rather just sell it off and be done with it.

I will get pictures of individual items as I pull them out of the trailer but most things I own are pictured on my offsite gallery page located HERE

The list is as follows:

1999 Ford F-350

It runs great and drives great. It was well taken care of since new. It has only 200,000 miles on it. The only thing it will need is a new oilpan and tires. The trans was rebuilt once and the whole front end is newer, only about 6,000 miles on new front end. Steering is tight and there are no rattles! Also included is a Western MVP V plow. This truck will make your money back on the first storm. The 7.3L Diesel is designed to work for 400,000 miles before any major mechanical problems! This truck has lots of life left in it. $7800

1993 Chevy K3500 Dump truck

Its wired up for a western unimount MVP plow and has the undercarriage. Its a 6.5L Turbo diesel. Motor was rebuilt approx 12,000 miles ago. Trans was just rebuilt, has MAYBE 100 miles on it, its the bullet proof 4L80E. It has new rear tires, newer front tires. New brake lines all around, new master cylinder, new alternator, new belts, new glowplugs, new trans lines, new computer. It has some rust on the cab but its a 93 chevy. It runs good, starts pretty good, and can haul 8-9 yards of mulch. It is 4wd but it needs a new front axle actuator. I never bothered to fix it since it sits all winter. $5,000

PICS

1999 Haulmark Kodiak Trailer

This trailer is in EXCELLENT condition. I would keep it but I want something to haul my quads and brothers car around. Its a 7x16 enclosed, white. It has dual torsion axles with EZ lube hubs and brakes on both axles. I just put new tires on it 2 seasons ago, they have LOTS of tread left. They are trailer tires and not car tires. It has barn doors on the back but I built a super stout ramp for it on the outside. I like this format better because you can close and lock the doors while still leaving the ramp down. It has 2 interior lights and another door on the passenger side. Its in great condition. Pics can be seen on the gallery posted above. The logo is going to be professionally removed next friday. $2,700

Bed Shaper Edger

It has 48 hours on it. I bought from my dealer, they used it to demo for thier customers. It was never a rental machine. I have 2 blades for it and also the chopper for it. It has the 11 HP Briggs engine. This machine saves so much time, its not even funny. It leaves great edges and you will make your money back on it in a week depending on how much you use it. $1500

I will be adding more later, as someone is interested my mowers and most of my other equipment. Once that sale is done, I will post up the rest of the items and also the individual pictures. Everything was always stored indoors, NEVER NEVER EVER stored outside, Except for the trucks. I take good care of my stuff and a lot of pride in it. I am not selling junk.

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Wow. Sorry to hear this Doug. I guess you have to do what you have to do. Good luck with your new job.
    Just a question. I thought the Ford had a boss v on it?
    Free bump for you

3. prostk2

prostk2 Member

Sorry to hear you are getting out of the business----good luck with the new job!!!

4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Where you located I might be intrested in trailer

sorry you are getting out of the bussiness and gl with you're new job

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  5. Hey there doug, I would like to get the bed edger from you. can you pm me and i will give you my email

6. stroker79

My 03 has the Boss on it. Im keeping that truck, im still undecided on keeping the plow or not though.

Im in the general area of Barrington IL.

I do have a few people interested in the trailer, once the logos are removed next week, Ill post up a bunch of pics.

PM sent!

Thanks guys, the business thing was OK but its just not for me. I felt/was always working and always had something on my mind about the business. I had a hard time separating business from personal life. So I started searching for work in the fall and got very lucky when I got in to the place I now work. Im the first person in the last 2 years they have hired, and we are no longer hiring anyone else so it was meant to be I feel. But thanks for the well wishes, I will miss plowing..............maybe. LOL

7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

whats the gvw on the trailer? any pics of it? i cant seem to find any
    thanks

8. stroker79

im 90% its a 7,000 gvw. I think it has the dual 3500# axles. I dont have any recent pics of it, just a few that have made it in some pictures I took over the summer.

There are some HERE towards the bottom

And an old one HERE, but it doesn't show the ramp.

The ramp can be seen as I built it HERE

And as I said, Ill take pics of it without my logo on it next week once its removed.

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I will buy the crew cab :)

10. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

I would like to see some pics of the ford truck might be interested in that thanks

11. stroker79

I keep getting pm's for pics. Please read the post. I'll post pics Monday/Tuesday.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck at your new job Doug.

13. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

wtf ? where are you going..?

14. stroker79

15. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

You'll be back. Working for someone else after MYOB!? You'll get the itch.

Wish you well though, you'll have to let us know how it is to sit at home while it's snowing.

You'll be back.

16. stroker79

Thanks Markus, your partially right. I'm still goig with fertilizing for now. But I have been in this field for about 15 years. I never really liked it, I tried my hand at business ownership and still don't like it. I'm plenty content doing what I am doing. I enjoy working on cars and trucks all day. Especially the exotic cars, they are challenging but fun. My dad has owned his landscape business for the last 20 years, I'm confident I won't be back into maintenance. And it's kind of relaxing watching the 10" snow fall today without having ti plow it.

Later

17. stroker79

18. stroker79

19. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

You know you had fun!

20. LTLANDSCAPING

LTLANDSCAPING Member

Hey Doug, I like your idea of the ramp on the barn door trailer. right now I use portable ramps to get my mowers in and out of my enclosed trailer. In one of your pics, I noticed that you also had a permanent ramp built on the inside of the trailer. Why did you build your larger ramp on the outside? I am considering building a ramp myself and was wondering why you chose to build it on the outside? Thanks and good luck with your new Job! I am in the process of doing exactly the opposite of what you are doing; getting out of the full time job to go full time at my landscape snowplowing Biz! Good luck!