1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Selling 2006 Homesteader 6, what should I ask for it?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by I Plow in PA., Aug 27, 2008.

1. I Plow in PA.

I Plow in PA. Junior Member

I'm selling a 2006 6'8" Homesteader Plow which I had on my 2002 Chevy S-10. Great Plow, just moving up in size. I have removed everything from the truck, have the complete mounting hardware, wiring package, etc. I purchased it in August 2006 for an installed price of $3,100.00, including the option of the hand held fish stick control. Mold board has no damage at all, as I used this plow a total of 9 times on very light snows. Unit is rust free, stored inside my pole barn.

I'm buying a new 7'4" Homesteader for my 2005 Toyota Tacoma, and with the fish stick it is going to run me $3,700.00 total which includes the install.

My question is, how much should I list the complete plow package that I took off of the S-10 for? I have the original bill of sale, and of course all the instruction info, and owners manual, etc. On a rating scale of 1 being the best, and 10 being the worst in condition, I will rate the total package as a 2, because only a factory plow would have no usage on it, and that is the only way it could still be a 1 *my opinion* Any thoughts would be great, because at this point I have no idea, and I don't want to get ripped off and sell it to cheap.

2. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Try $2600 and when someone looks at it tell them the price of a brand new one and then tell them how much the fish stick upgrade cost. People seem to like the over $200 savings when buying a used plow compared to a new plow.
    Good Luck

Mark

3. I Plow in PA.

I Plow in PA. Junior Member

Thanks for the advice

Mark, sounds good to me, I will start it at $2,600.00 like you said, I figured it had to be worth over $2,000.00, but I didn't want to waste money advertising it at a price that was to high. Thank you for your response. Have a great weekend ahead, and think SNOW for this Winter.
    Blake

4. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Thanks.... Have a great labor day weekend too.

Good luck

Mark