1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sell Used Plow & Truck Equipment - Chicago, IL

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by TMPetrie, Oct 9, 2006.

1. TMPetrie

TMPetrie Junior Member

Does anyone know where one would go to sell used plow and truck equipment (rather then posting to sell on-line) anywhere in the Chicagoland area? If anyone is aware of a dealer/individual who is in the market to buy these items please let me know. I have a Western Plow, a Salt Spreader, and a truck that might be better off being sold in parts.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
  2. Howdy
    Im wondering what spreader you have for sale? Im looking for one and maybe interested. A good friend of mine lives up by you and could pick it up easily for me. let me know
  3. TMPetrie

TMPetrie Junior Member

It's a Western stainless steel salt box with a harness hook up to a truck outlet. The unit itself is in good condition - won't rust due to the stainless. It holds about 2 to 3 80lbs salt bags. I'm not sure of the condition of motor -it hasn't been used in about 3 years.
  4. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

what size plow?
  5. jryden145

jryden145 Member

how much for the v-box?

6. TMPetrie

TMPetrie Junior Member

It's a 7.6 Western Pro Plow, with roll away wheels, in good condition. Comes with wiring, joystick, and under-mount. Asking 1200.00.

Regarding the V Box, I don't know what condition the motor is in as hasn't been used in a while. I'm going to see what's up this weekend. If someone wants to make an offer as is, I'll certainly consider it. The unit itself is in great shape.
  7. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

what kind of truck was the western on? i have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 Off Road. and where are youlocated in chicago?
  8. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Can I get a # I will be around Chicago this weekend and I am intereseted in looking at the plow storksauto@aol.com
  9. TMPetrie

TMPetrie Junior Member

The plow has only been on my old '87 Chevy C10 (equivalent to a 1/2 ton). I live in the Western Suburbs of Chicago....Oakbrook area. I have not plowed in 2 years so the plow was only used for a couple years.
  10. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Photos available?

If so e-mail them to me @ gd8boltman@yahoo.com I am in S.E. Wisconsin and may be interested in the plow.