1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sell old plow to upgrade what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cornbinder, Jan 17, 2008.

1. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

not sure where to post this but i'll try here. here's the deal in a nut shell, i've got a 91 dodge 2500 with a boss RT2 9-2" v-plow, the body on the truck is falling apart and needs to be retired and used as a parts truck for one of the others.besides everyone has told me that the RT3's are much lighter than the rt2's and the smart hitch is pretty nice i've heard. i had a local trailer park inquire about my boss plow. i hit them at $3,500 for the whole set-up.( i only gave $1,500 for it 3 years ago) i had it in my head to up grade and buy a brandnew RT3 9-2" at $5,200 installed and put it on my 94 f-350 crew cab diesel, as the dodge had trouble pushing bigger amounts of snow. i don't think the ford will though. just wondering if you guys think it's a good idea? besides i'll take the western unimount off the ford and put it on a truck better suited for a strait blade. later, pete

2. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

sounds like a fine plan to me.

3. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Move up, move on!!!!!!

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

The RT2s are stronger than the RT3's, probably means the RT3 really is lighter. From what I read on here they must bend a lot easier because neither of my RT2's are bent.

If you can get $3500 for an RT2, better grab it because they seem to be under a grand on ebay these days...

5. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

you can get a RT2 9-2" vplow for around $1,000?? holy cow i didn't know they weren't worth so little. i know the boss dealer in our area sold 40 brand new boss plows this year. you need to remember the biggest town around the 4 surrounding counties is only 25,000 people. yeah i've been hearing about RT3's bending. i'm gonna go to the boss forum and see what they have to say. thanks, pete