1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sell it or plow with it?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by obrut, Dec 2, 2005.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

i need to make a dicision here and need some help. Here is the deal i have a 94 fullsize 2 door blazer with 147000 miles on it. It runs and drive good and is in good working order. I've been trying to sell it and was hoping to get around 5000 for it, its pretty clean. Anyway i got a few offers on it, mostly lowballers that make offers over the phone, and thats fine. But for what they are offering i could just put the plow i have from my 90 silverado that i sold and make some money. Sounds simple but the plow is an older meyers with the E47(i think) pump and last time i used it, it wouldn't turn to the left and it went up and down real slow. Do i just leave it as is and wait until we get snow and sell it or should i fix or replace the pump and plow with it. I'm in lemont IL and are last few winters we didn't have much snow. What do you guy think?

2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

maybe it's diffrent in IL but here in PA i can get a F-250 Diesel with 130,000 miles for a little less then that price. I think that 5,000 is a little high for that rig, so I would probably just keep it and plow with it.
  3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

I have a friend who swears by his as his best plowing vehicle--He does driveways--So if your not into it for too much and you have the plow set up--you just may have to beef up the front suspension ans buy a plow wiring harness for it and do the work, but now what is the truck worth!!!!! Go for it you will definatly increase the value of the vehicle! It will be work!:redbounce
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, it will make a nice little maneuverable vehicle for plowing, and you are never going to find someone to give you $5000 for it. Around here they sit on the side of the road for 3500-4000, and six months later they are still there.
  5. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Sounds like an easy fix on the plow. Most likely just a bad solenoid. $30-60 fix. As for the truck, I guess it depends on your situation. If you could use an extra plow truck it would make a nice backup or regular truck as far as that goes. If it as you say, then you shouldn't be scared to plow with it. Keep in mind, those are not big movers with the fuel prices up, but if it is going to sell this is the time of year to get top dollar out of it. Not sure their value, but if you get someone close to your asking I wouldn't hold out for $400-500 more or you could be sitting on it till next winter.