1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

self Install 8'2" V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JasonL, Dec 29, 2008.

1. JasonL

JasonL Junior Member
    from midwest

Picked up a new V from the local dealer 6 days ago.

Brought it back to the shop and installed if over the last week when I had time to work on it.

The truck is a 2007 F250 that we use to pull a trailer with in the summer time so its not used during the winter at all.

opened all the boxes and had at it.

I would guess it took me 8 to 10 hours to do the install start to finish.

It actually worked when I first tried to use it too:drinkup:

I would give boss a 9 on a 1 to 10 scale on being an easy install.

A 9 also on the instructions, there was only a few things that could of been different to make it easier on the do it your self guys.

Now if it would snow, so we could make the investment worth it.

2. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, i build boss plows every day at work and install them...i'm down to about 4-6 hours start to finish...

my first one took me 2 days lol so good job! hope it works well for you! any pics?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  3. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

JasonL, Your right on target @ 8 to 10 hrs to do a complete install. I did mine, About a month ago (my first) in 9 hrs. 8ft SD tripedge On my 04 350 SD/SC.I did get the chance to do another. A buddy of mine also bought a Boss same as mine. Together it took us 3 1/2 hrs on his. Dont forget to show us a pic of that new plow installed. I'll probably be looking for a V myself for next season.And you wont be sorry you got a BOSS !!!!!
    http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46621&stc=1&d=1228411081

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  4. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

good job! i installed one on a duramax a couple of weeks ago it was my first time mounting and wiring the truck. took me 4 hours.

Gotta question

how long would it take to put together a power xt? i was going to save 250 bucks and put it together my self.

5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

The XT is just a different moldboard correct? If so, it should be about the same amount of time as a standard "V".

6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i just did a XT 8.2 V and it was pretty much the same as a normal V.

the str8 blade XT's have 2 shocks insted of one and need extra holes drilled.

7. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

yeah Boss make fairly straight forward installs! and directions are decents as well. Agree