1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SelectShift Question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Lucfw, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Just was looking at some superdutys and was reading about the selectshift options. I thin its a pretty cool thing. So i know the 2011 + superdutys has selectshift but is there anything before 2011 that has it like the 2008-2010s? Also i cant find the article but i think i read that the f150 have that to, but not sure. I think it could be just the range selector.

So are there selectshift trannys in the 2009+ f150 and in 2008-2010 superduitys? also does it come with the intergraded engine exsaust when the tow haul is on? sorry for got to add that.

Thanks for your time. still cant find the artical i read that in.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

That is a new feature on the newer superdutys I have no idea on the f150 but it didn't exist before 2011.

3. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

ok, i see. thanks.

Kind of a stuipid question but i am gusseing that the engine ex brake is on the select shift trannys too. But when you hit tow haul and the older pre 2011 it just changes the shift patters right? and does it down shift like when you tap the brake?
    Not sure about that and just courious to see.
    THanks

4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

5. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

i seen one video but it was not that. that vid was pretty cool to see how it works! thanks
    So what i gather the ex brake is just on the 2011 and up superduitys.
    Thanks for your time.