1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Selecting a plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Precedence, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Precedence

Precedence Senior Member

I am thinking of getting another truck, a 2004 F-350 Super Cab 6.8ft box SRW 4x4 Diesel, and i was using Fisher "eMatch" plow selector and it doesn't pull up anything other than the smallest plow they have.

Is there something up with their website or does this year of F-350's have some sort of front end issue?

I was hoping to put an XtremeV on it, anyone else running this setup?

2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Nope, nothing wrong with that particular front end. The Diesel engine is what's killing you there. The extra weight of the engine reduces the available capacity on the front end. Tons of people use heavier plows than recommended, but the plow manufacturers are bound to strict limitations on what they can recommend. If they say you can run a 9' MC plow on your truck, then you get in an accident with injuries, they could be held liable in a lawsuit. If the plow they "endorse" would exceed the front GVWR limits set by the vehicle manufacturer, they open themselves up to liability.

Most authorized dealers won't install it if Fisher doesn't allow it on Ematch, for the same reasons as above. It opens them up to problems if something were to happen. Some dealers don't care, and have no problems installing whatever you want. If you plan to install it yourself, you can purchase whatever you want; cash and carry. They can sell it to you, because it's out of their control as to what it's installed on at that point.
  3. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

I had a 2003 F350 Powerstroke with a Fisher MM2 8ft straight blade....obviously no problems what so ever...like the last post said, they put very modest reccomendations down so they dont get hemmed up in a lawsuit...covers their ass...Ive never seen a F350 Diesel with a plow smaller then 8ft....I did however last year see the goofiest friggin thing ever....It was an F250 maybe a 2004 or something, driving down the road after a storm with one of those little 18inch tall plastic blades looked to be made by toys r us toys..lol..I dont know how this guy could ride around with this 3/4 ton truck and feel like a man with this excuse for a plow....It would be the equivalent of having to walk your high maintenance girlfriends/wives maltee poo friggin pocket dog down the street with pink crap all over it...no good....no good my friends...just no good..If anyone here has this truck I am talking about..take that plow off and put it on your girls nissan sentra...it will look better!!...anyone else see crazy trucks like this in your areas??
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

It's because of the diesel engine
    Call your local dealer.