1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BKFC255, Nov 6, 2007.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Not Sure What Going On With My Fisher Rd. It Goes Up And Down Okay, But When You Angle Right It Is Real Slow And When You Angle Left It Does Not Move At All. You Can Push Left Or Right By Hand No Problem And It Should Not Do That. The Motor Runs Fine, All Coils Are Working Also. I Did Change The Hose On Left Ram And Also Drained And Replaced Fluid. I Have Cycled It Numerous Times With No Change. Any Ideas?
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

uhhh. air?
  3. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Well Thats What I Figured, But Like I Said I Have Been Cycling It With No Change. Is Thier Another Way Of Bleeding It. I Am Not Just Cycling One Or Two Times, Ive Done It About 15 To 20 Times With No Change.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It does sound like it's got air in the system. If it worked fine until you changed the hose, then more than likely that's all that's wrong. Is the fluid foamed up with air? If so, you'll need to let it set for a few hours to let the air escape from the fluid..If you cycle it too much while trying to purge the air, it'll actually get worse as it just whips the air into the fluid even more.

The best thing to do is cycle it once or twice and then let it set for and hour or so..then cycle it a few more times and let it set again..as once the fluid gets aerated, theirs nothing you can do to get the air out except wait...
  5. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I had the same issue with my HD Conventional last year and I looked at the fisher website and downloaded the manual they have for the sehp. I found that I needed to jack the front end of my truck off the ground so that the plow would go al the way down and not stop at the garage floor. I had no further issues after that and there was no more air in my lines.
    (that was how fisher said to bleed the system)

Hope that helps
  6. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

Bleeding Fisher Plows

BJH Snow, You jack up the truck to get the angle cyl up in the rear where the fittings are. The higher you go the better. With the lift cyl all the way down[push by hand] jack the truck up and run the angle cyl all the way left and right. Check for air by lifting the blade just off the ground, and push or pull on the edge of the blade. when done right, the blade will feel locked. One more condition that gives all the symptons of air in the system is a defective cushion valve.
  7. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

Make sure you have the proper fluid level after bleeding..

With lift cylinder down check then.

Run it ,,check add if necessary.