1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SEHP to InstaAct.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Big Dog D, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Does anybody know if they are compatible? I am looking at a spare set-upo for one of my trucks and I want it to be plug and go. All of my current trucks atht the plow could or would be used on are the InstaAct type and this one is and older SEHP set-up.

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Yeah the wiring is the same. Large guage power and ground and three solenoid wires that would be attached under the plastic cover. You would need to pull the lift cylinder with the insta act. The angle cylinder will should fit and the mounting pins should be fine although the lower one is a pain to get to with the SEHP so you may want to get a longer one.

To go from SEHP to insta act you need a bracket (could be fabbed) to attach it to the lift frame on the MM1 plows.

3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

My question is that if I have a MM setup with Insta Act can I just pull up to a headset with the SEHP and just plug it in and be ready to go?

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I don't think so SEHP used relays I think, the instact is a module.

5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

No. Like it was said above, the SEHP system used a series of relays for the headlights and a 2 plug system, but the Insta-Act uses an Isolation module for the lights and a 3 plug setup.

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

YOU can make a SEHP a three plug. The three wires going to it will be to the three solenoids on the pump. I have 2 SEHP plows and 3 INSTAACTS and I can switch them among all my trucks, that were wired for three plugs. I did this by buying the harness and a new set of lights.

If you are going to have a SEHP on the shelf for emergencies, all you need is the pump and 15 minutes to swap wires. If you want to spend a bit more get the two large conductor Plow Cable Assembly Fisher Part # 21294 and the 3 Pin Plowside Control Harness Fisher Part #26345 Which will allow you to run a SEHP pump on and Insta Act/Isolation Modules truck.

If you want a whole MM1 SEHP plow as a spare you will also have to purchase a set of lights with the plowside harness and plug to work with a Isolation Module Truck.

Your Fisher dealer should have the harnesses in stock as this is a Very Common conversion.

I convert all SEHP MM1s to three plug setups when I sell them so that people can by new harnesses and put them on any range of trucks.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006