1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SEHP no left or right

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by buddymanzpop, Feb 3, 2011.

1. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

MM1 with the SEHP set up will not move left or right, the motor runs when requested to, the coils are magnetized when requested the cartridge valves are opening when requested, up is fine, down seems to be a little slow. Everything was working fine prior to losing left and right functions. What is it.

2. buddymanzpop

sehp

I am going to swap out the s2 cartridge with a known good, the only other component that could cause these two symptoms is the poppet valve, anyone ever had a problem with that?

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Swap the S2 valve since you have one but you'll likely be digging into the poppet in then end, as yes they do have issues now and then and normally after a hard hit or too much water for too long in the system.

4. buddymanzpop

poppet

What am I looking at in the poppet? Can it be cleaned up or is replacement the way to go?

5. buddymanzpop

They're around $25 so we'll just replace it if it's not the s2.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'd pull it apart and check it first, if necessary. If it has damage you'll see it.

7. buddymanzpop

poppet

You're right (as usual) Mike, broken spring on poppet valve, first time I've seen a poppet problem, do you think this guy hit something hard and that's what caused the spring to break? Of course he said he didn't hit anything.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

One good hard hit or multiple "normal" hits just over years of use will eventually take one out. So it's a tough call if you're looking for evidence. :D