1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SEHP Lift have more power then Insta Act?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by capt caper, Jan 5, 2008.

1. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

It seems to me my new MM2 Insta Act 8 ft. doesn't have as much lifting power as my old SEHP 8ft. I'm talking about when the moleboard is pushing on a pile and you want to lift it to back up...I have to put the truck in rerervse to free it up alot..

Is it me or is it true? Just wondering...
  2. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

presure relief

We have found many Insta-acts with low presure. It seems that the adjustment screw backs out. You need to check presure and adjust as needed.
  3. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

Simple to do? so you tell me or should I hit the manuals.....search,etc.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Hit the manuals, actually go to the mechanics guide for your blade.

Fisher link is at the top of the page.

Everyone that owns a plow should atleast learn the basics of how it works and how to troubleshot a problem.
  5. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

actually I bought my sehp in box's assembled it and installed on an 01 SD then transferd to an 02 SD...and maintained it.. Replaced solonoid,and numberous other stuff that it went threw.

I'll have to hit the manual when I have time to try the pressure adjustment on this InstaAct when I'm not busy working on my snowmobiles,truck,snowblower,Lance Camper,boat,threre might be some smaller stuff in there like house,yard machines,hiking gear, The plow is the least of my worries..It's brand new.

Too many toys not enough time.

Thanks anyway