1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seen the new D-XT full trip and trip edge 10ft v plow?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

2. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I don't honestly see the point of having both trip edge and full trip in one plow. To me its alot more moving parts to break and replace. Plus its extra weight. In the video when the blade went to full trip the trip edge launched the whole blade in the air like a huge spring. I like boss I think they make a good product Just my 2 cents on this new product

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I have never used a trip edge, but is that normal in the video? Is that what happens? It jumps in the air that much?

In my mind, a trip edge sort of did what an section plow does, but I have never used one.

4. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

The dual trip design allows both plows to share similiar parts and allows integration of the Dxt without having huge amounts of extra parts. The trip-edge system is quite simple and frankly doesnt add many moving parts over the Vxt. From what I have seen if you wanted, you could buy Dxt wings and cutting edge/trip edge and you could convert your standard plow to a Dxt.

5. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

And no, I dont work for Boss....

6. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

The new DXT is nuts. Its over 46" tall! its gonna carry a lot of snow!

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think they got that idea from me, my springs are so lose it looks like a full trip plow already!

8. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

When I saw it I was thinking 46" would block a lot of air.Overheating could be a problem.

9. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

X2... 46" is beyond excessive IMO

A 550 shouldn't look like a kids s10 when its behind a plow...

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It will look good behind a little Pete or KW though.

11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I have the MVP mine has never left the ground when it trips but maybe Im not driving as fast as they was
    max speed i drive 20mph push 90% in first gear not often in 2nd

12. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Big is better ?

I really don't see Boss using 46" boards on a 8.2, if you watch the video you will see how close
    the blade tips when folded back already get to the ground on that 550....

As for the 550 shown in the video, I think bigger is better, I would love to windrow a foot of snow with that taller blade... and really don't see a downside to the size... think operators will really enjoy the increased blade height when it comes to blade tips visibility over the hood...Thumbs Up

Also like that idea of custom graphics and paint schemes.. ...then Dodge guys could have HEMI orange plows... Fords could have their Blue Oval ..... GM's could have their Gold plows etc.... Thumbs Up

bashing.jpg

13. Army Vet

Army Vet Member

There has been a lot of bashing. Without a single push in the real world. Is it a good idea? I don't know, only time will tell. I'm interested to see how the 9 and 8 will work. I also suspect for that size of plow the 46" will have to be scaled back because of the geometry. So I'll say it way to go BOSS!:salute: But for now I will stick with what I have and if it proves itself maybe i'll switch.

14. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Looks nice to big 46" that's a big blade. On a side note. Did you see on the left hand side of the cutting edge. Looks like a few bolts
    Have broken off.

I love my Z

15. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

It can jump depending on how fast you are going. Generally it just trips the edge back and pops back forward again.

Most people buy a trip edge because they don't want the blade to fully trip while plowing- me being one of them. At work we have a Superduty Trip Edge Boss straight blade and its a nice setup, I wish they would've just used this design instead of being "different".

Agreed

16. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I thought that too. Then I stopped the vid and looked closer. There is a second piece of the cutting edge bolted on at the center with different bolts.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  17. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Good eye, think most people missed that, I sure did.....Thumbs UpThumbs Up

18. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Let's see western/ fisher make a comparison video with this bad boy, way to go BOSS for listing to the customers, full trip and edge trip sign me up.

19. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Thanks for correcting me. IMAGE I don't have a computer everything is done by phone. It was hard to see it. I looked closer and your right.

I love my Z

20. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

For those that don't want the full trip, just tighten down the full trip springs.