1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seen in a Canadian Driveway

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gordyo, Apr 7, 2003.

1. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Saw this last week in a driveway in Canada as I was travelling and since you guys and gals like pictures of Snow Equipment:

2. CMLLawnservices

CMLLawnservices Junior Member

He`s got the wrong light on at the top. It should be blue for snow removal. unless he does road work , or drives on the road alot duing the off season. But thats a pretty sweet rig, you see alot more of those blades in the city than here , most guys just have a box scraper on the front here, because you don`t have to stack as much. and its got a pretty meaty blower on the back.
  3. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

I think that very nice piece of equipment could get a good work out in the New England area today or tomorrow.

4. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Nice tractor and set up.

I used to hate using rear mounted attachments on the ones i drove.

My neck hurts just thinking about how often i had to twist it to watch what was going on behind me.:)

5. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

That must be one of those ultimate driveway set-ups that have been discussed on this site. Nice rig!

Chuck B.:D
  6. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Cool photo:drinkup:
  7. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

Gordyo, Where were you in canada

yup, very common piece of equipement you may see around here.

notice the wing on the front plow, they can fold back hydraulicly, so it give you a nice box to backdrag. You can see this set up on most pick up truck( 2-3 feet wings, 12-14' plow when straight open).

The blower seems not to be the biggest one ( 8' feet or less but seems to be a single auger), but probably the guy doesn't need bigger. All depends how much you will use it.

I may be wrong but it look like in the 100hp range, There is bigger playing around. New Holland Versatile Look awesome too with a big blower or appropriate plow.

Orange beacon are the way to go here.
  8. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I was in Old Quebec City, that machine was on a side road in a driveway somewere North East of the city near the waterfall everyone goes to see. Or should I say "Chute"
  9. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

You came here, I can now write to you in french:D How was the french people with you? I had work few years in some hotels when i was student (early 90's) and our relation with American tourist always been great. I hope nothing had changed. how did you like the exchange rate payup payup must be cheap to visit us :rolleyes: poor little canadian dollar

You went to the chute Montmorency, did you try some iceclimbing?

Not the best time of the years to Visit quebec, The only major activities right now is a lunch at "La cabane a sucre", we made excelllent maple syrup. Pretty cold to walk the old Quebec. Did you sleep at the ice hotel. ( may be they put it down, temp was warm 2 weeks ago).

10. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

I don't know if can post a link to someonelse businesse, those guys have a nice fleet of tractor and pick up. pretty nice pictures.

let me know.
  11. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

"Chute" and "Plu du Caffe see vou plae" are about the only French I know. My wife has always wanted to visit Quebec City and she booked this trip about 5 months ago soooo....We stayed at the Palace Royal right outside the old city near the Parliament Building. Exchange rate was great, but the Taxes, wow I thought Massachusetts was bad!! We did get some back at the Duty Free Shop. Everyone was very hospitable to us and most everyone we spoke with knew English. Yes that is the "Chute" we went to but only to look at not to ice climb, I'm way to old and out of shape for that sport. Give me a Snowmobile though!! I should have thought to ask you about "La cabane a sucre" cause a friend told me about it but could not remember the name of the place or were it was, oh well. Did not see the ice hotel. It was cold but we survived.
  12. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

What you cant push just do a 180 and blow it away!!:drinkup: