1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seems I've got issues.....

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by festerw, Dec 1, 2008.

1. festerw

festerw Senior Member

So I picked up my new to me plow yesterday, got it home hooked up and got....nothing.

Here's the info Model #MTD202174, wired control that looks like this

The on/off on the controller doesn't light up.

Here's what I've done

Checked/cleaned all connections including grounds
    Verified 12+ at the solenoid and control module connector.
    Verified ground at module.
    Solenoid has been replace with a Trombetta (this was planned either way working or not)

With the control plugged into the plow side harness I get a ground and +5V (or close to 5V anyway) going into the circuit board on the controller. I'm assuming this means the controller or the module is bad, controller is bad assuming 5V is the correct input or the module is bad assuming 5V is NOT the correct output.

The motor on the pump has also crapped out, jumper cable from the truck battery to the motor produces spark but no spin. I've taken the motor off and cleaned up the mounting point and bolts since (once again assuming) this is where the motor grounds and still nothing. Is it worth it to get the motor rebuilt or is new the way to go?

Thanks for any help.
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you know the secret code to turn it on?

Try holding the on/off and DP button at the same time.

If that doesn't work try the super secret code:cool: press in sequence
  3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

LOL, I'll give that a try.

Email sent about the motor.
  4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

So now I feel like a real doofus. Got the control turned on (also I looked again and didn't see anything about pressing both buttons in the manual) and hit raise and surprisingly it worked.....so apparently I need a new set of jumper cables as well.:dizzy: