1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seems ike a great deal....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MatthewG, Aug 30, 2010.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

2010 straightblade 8'6" supposedly used twice includes truck mount for 2003 3500HD and handheld controller asking 3200

Ill offer 2500 and go up to 3000, best part it is 10 minutes from me, thoughts?

plow.jpg

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Either way its definitely a good deal.

Is the lift arm (triangle) gray? Those were only used on the stainless Xblades and the patriots edition plows. hmmmm

3. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

mine is like that too, it is all the way that the dealer's ordered the plows, frames seperate form the the blades

8-9-10 034.jpg

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Not bad 4 grand new here with warranty.

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It mite have a new blade but that head gear definatly had either a stainles Xblade or a Patriots Edition blade on it at one time.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Used twice my a$$. It's either been pieced together, or the dealer is a complete idiot. Does it make a difference that it has a different colored lift arm? No, of coarse it doesn't, however it goes to show what kind of people have had their hands on it thus far.

As far as price, I would want the wiring as well for what he is asking. You can get a brand new 8.5' for $3200, without anything truck side. If your already setup for this blade, I would shot for $2800, but would pay the $3000, then sell the push plates and controller for bonus cash.

FYI, I'm looking for a set of those exact push plates. They should be 7169's

7. MatthewG

Went to the dealer where he bought it this morning. And would you believe they have brand new plows with the silver trianagle on them with the yellow plows, new. Hmm

He has a 2wd dumptruck and during last years crazy snow, the truck couldnt push with the bigger blade and heavy snow, so he said instead of sell the truck he is selling the plow.

I believe it, he doesnt seem so swift, hes one of thoe guys that thought "hey I can plow" plus at the mount on the plow and the pushplates on the truck the black paint has not even been worn off.

His sales reciept which he showed me was $5,500. Obviously he bought it during the height of the season one week before a big storm,

I didnt make an offer I just said I was "going tolook at another plow and Id get back to him."

Also it includes everything for the GMC/chevy, mounts, wiring, fishstick, etc. even has frame stops? not sure what they are.

fisher1.jpg

fisher2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Matt, on a side note....How's that V-10 treat you? Do you notice any diffrence from the V-8 and whats the MPG like on and off season?

9. MatthewG

We are pleased with the V-10, not the tire spinning power I expected, however it provides good torque at least I hope and have been told. We are pulling a 16 ft landscape trailer loaded down to washington DC this weekend, I can report better on mileage after I get back. We only bought it last month so I dont know what winter MPG will be. Around town it has been about 10 mpg with a lite foot (my father).

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thanks for the input, I would be very interested to hear about your highway experince. Shot me a PM when you know. Thanks!

Keep me in mind if you go through with that deal, and don't need the plates. Best of luck on the hunt.

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Looking at those new pics you can tell it hasn't been used much. The pins look new, the mounts have a tiny bit of rust from where the paint rubbed off, etc. Looks like a decent deal if you get him down a bit (if you say he's not as quick)

12. MatthewG

Picked the plow up this afternoon $2800 no questions asked, he also threw in the brand new never used shoes, and a set of unused timbrens along with all the truck side stuff.

Needless to say I am quite pleased. :drinkup:

fisher.jpg

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Sweet!!! Congrats on the fantastic purchase. :drinkup:

Nowwwwwww, what do you want for those plates lol.?.?.?.?

14. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

now put a cutting edge on it, and make a back blade too

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. Just needs a cutting edge and you are good to go.

16. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

You did good on that deal.

17. MatthewG

A couple guys asked about buying the push plates;

A. what's the mount worth its a 7169 used once no rust?

B. what's the wires and all that jazz worth?

I'm keeping the fish stick

I might be buying an f 250 tomorrow, any help is appreciated

IMG_0275.jpg

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

I'll give you $200 for the plates. You might be able to get more for them on Ebay or Craigslist, but the $200 is all I have for them.

If you have all the wiring for a 03 and newer GM / 3 plug, I would shot for around $300-$350. You would need to make sure you have the module, the control harness, the battery harnesses, the motor relay, the headlammp harnesses, and the module to grill headlight harness.

19. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

What vehicle are the timbrens for?

20. RepoMan207

from Maine

Timbrens? What Timbrens? :confused:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010