1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seems everyone wants a piece of the pie now

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by darryl g, Jan 25, 2011.

1. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

All of this snow here in the Northeast is attracting some new players to snow removal...the guys who drive around looking for unplowed driveways and do them dirt cheap using everything from stick plows to snow blowers with no mufflers to ATVs and pickups with plows made out of plywood. And it seems they're finding customers too...homeowners who are weary from all the shoveling but not willing to hire a professional. I'm not complaining...finding it kind of amusing really.

Nothing beats the guy I saw a couple years ago plowing a parking lot with a blue poly barrel cut in half and somehow mounted on his truck..it didn't look like it worked too well since it was kind of crumpled looking, lol.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

theres a guy on CL in CT selling a rear plow he made out of blue 55gal drums and some rubber edge for $200.

3. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

Wonder if the guy I saw sold him the patent? lol