1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seems a little high and maybe to soon

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DAZ982500, Feb 9, 2008.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I was looking at a Chevy 2500 HD Diseal 99k ext cab it was real clean.They wanted 19,000 for it they were willing to come down to 17k.I have a 95 Chevy 1/2 ton with a brand new Western standard on it with SnowEx pivot point salter on the rear end. They were going to give 4000.00 the whole thing,I almost fell over.I told the guy the plow alone is worth this.So he asked me what I wanted for the whole set up I told him 8k.He is looking into it.The questions are these one, is the truck worth it (price alone) and two, this may not be time time to sell,all equipment is set up on it I would have to buy another plow and salter.The current set up is really for this truck(1/2=stand plw (light weight)).I am thinking in May would be the better time to buy and sell if so desired.Another thought ,when do you decide to sell your truck?
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You didn't say what year the 2500 is, but realize that you're getting about three times the truck you've got with the 1500, plus the diesel will last four times as long.

The time to sell a plow/trk is just before the snow flies (up here in October).
  3. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

Truck was a 2002.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

It is all relevant in cost and worth.

How long can you estimate this truck to serve you?

How will it serve you?

How much more can you make - vs- what you have now?

What are you willing to pay.

The value of something is only placed by what you will pay for it.

Do you think it is worth it?

Will you get the same value for it as what you already have which is paid for?

Seems kind of low what they are offering you but then again it is a dealership and you are the fish they are trying to catch.

This is also a bad time to buy/sell/trade with dealers because it is the start of a new year.

December when they are doing inventory is best time to walk in with a low-ball cash offer.

Sell your truck yourself and ask at least 12k$ for it you may get 10K if it is clean enough.
  5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i don't think they look at it like the way we do. They probally won't give you much less without the setup you have on your curren't rig. did you ask how much they would give you without the plow and salter. you might be better of selling it private party especially with the stuff you have on it. just my .02$ good luck:salute: