1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seeking SUBS in OH, WV, KY, and PA

Discussion in 'Networking' started by CSMidwest, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSMidwest

CSMidwest Junior Member

Hello there,

Our company has a contract with a national chain pharmacy (as well as a national bank and others). We seeking subcontractors in OH, WV, KY, and PA. In OH and PA we are planning on self performing in the CLEVELAND/AKRON Area and the PITTSBURGH Area, although, there are some stores in the outer areas that may need to be subbed out.

We are looking to finalize our decisions on this as of the end of this week (the end of OCTOBER). So its very urgent that if you are interested that you contact me right away with your area, and I will send you the information for you to make a bid.

The following requirements are part of our contract with the pharmacy regarding subcontracting: No subcontracting out, must self-perform; insurance requirements met (this will require both our company and the pharmacy to be named as ‘Additional Insured’), and conditions of our subcontract and their agreement are agreed to (more details as appropriate, but significant one is that our billing will be based on documented snow fall). Only our company will bill the pharmacy directly. Your invoices will be sent to us, we will pay you and we will bill them.

Please contact me via the forum or private message me.
    Looking forward to hearing from anyone interested.
    Thanks!!

Amanda :waving:

2. CSMidwest

CSMidwest Junior Member

Not a Management Company

Well we are not a management company. We are just a landscaping company with snow contracts that have expanded to a wider area only this past month. If you guys are completely uninterested then fair enough.

I thought perhaps on this site I would find at least a couple people interested in taking on some of the stores as I have a couple hundred to find people for.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  3. CSMidwest

CSMidwest Junior Member

I fully understand the concern for honesty and legitimacy. Basically I am just an office person here and not someone with all the answers. I wish I had more answers and more time. But as it is, I am trying to help fill in the gaps where we cannot self perform in a short time frame while still trying to take care of the rest of my job. I am from a landscaping company called Custom Surroundings, we have no affiliation what so ever with Symbiot or any other name they may go by. We work in 8 states and have more than one major client. We just do not plow for all of them. I know in the Midwest, we sub out only 1 of our assigned stores for landscaping, all else we self perform. Last year to my knowledge we did not sub out on the plowing either, but I could be wrong. This year though we have expanded. As for me not naming the company that comes from my own personal qualms about the Internet and that fact that I feel that the stores would not appreciate being named, so, my initial post was vague, and not overly informative. But, I just don't feel that any company should divulge a large amount of their business practices/information or what-have-you on a public forum. As for pay. All I really know is right now we are asking that the subs give us a bid on each site they would consider doing with a price per lot based on accumulation, i.e., lot 1 2-3.99", lot 2 4-5.99" and so on, as well as walkways. Which I can provide a list of sites to anyone who is truly interested, for their area. The thing about subs subbing, that is something that is written in our contracts, we can sub out, but our subs cannot sub out.
    Honestly and truly I found this site this morning, and thought it had to be a God send, cause I was seriously hoping that I could get in touch with way more legitimate people and it would be so much faster then cold calling everyone listed online for snow removal that happens to be in the areas we are seeking subcontractors. If anyone is interested, you can contact me directly at ATylerCSMW at aol.com.

4. CSMidwest

CSMidwest Junior Member

?

What happened to all the posts that were in this thread?

5. Olderthandirt

Olderthandirt Member

subbing

I'm interested in subbing your snow work. Can provide 3 trucks and equipment. Only interested in south and west of Cleveland Ohio. If you have anything in this area just reply and we'll take it from there or email
    mmccormick1@neo.rr.com

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Are you looking for workers or just interested in debating your business practices? This section of the forum is not for debating. Now looks like you got somebody actually interested in a job...

7. CSMidwest

CSMidwest Junior Member

Great!

Hey look for an email shortly! I do have to mention that we will be self performing in this area, although there are a few stores on the outer areas that we will be needing the subbing for. But, I will provide you with a full list from that area, so that you can specify which sites are more local to you that you would be interested in taking on.

Thanks!

Amanda

8. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

subs

In Ashtabula, Ohio 1-440-645-7922

9. SnowIsGood

SnowIsGood Junior Member
    from eastern

Uh Oh

I guess this forum is only good if the moderator likes what he reads - if not your posts get eliminated?

Remember all the word of mouth is powerful and no one deserves to do work and not get paid the full contract value of a job performed.

The moderator may be able to delete our posts but can't delete the court records.

If in anyway we can prevent a fellow snow plower from getting ripped off - we need to help. One can only hope that the unscrupulous snow management company will finally run out of people that they don't know them to plow for them.

And the same thing is if we know of a good company that offers a good sites and follows through with payments - we should let others know. There is enough good business for everyone if we look.

Good Luck Amanda finding your subs - I'm sure if your not whom we all mentioned then you'll get a good group and if you treat them right - next year, you will find people approaching you before season to plow for you.

10. kobzjv

kobzjv Junior Member

i'm interested please email list

been in the business 25 years looking to pick up a couple more accts.i'm in streesboro,twinsburg,solon,aurora ohio area please email a list thank you jerry k/email is pkcrash2000@yahoo.com

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Does this mean that all off topic posts not in the correct forums are going to be removed? As well as hijacked threads?

Just want to clarify so I don't get more posts removed.

12. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I am sure the professional business people on this forum can take care of themselves.
    Unless and until there are complaints about a particular poster then we are not going to automatically assume that a poster is not on the up and up and grill him or her. This site is here to make members feel welcome. You know what they say about "assuming"......
    Mark Oomkes, just use a little common sense when posting and you won't have any problems

13. larryjlk

larryjlk Member

Hey Amanda, I'm in Cleveland Hts. if that's an area you need help in e-mail me. I can also get into Shaker, Beachwood.
    Most experiances here have been bad with management companies as you can gather from the replies, but I still want to hear what you have to offer.

Larry

By the way, good job moderator most of those responses weren't relative to her posting anyways and clearly didn't belong here. :nod:

14. kasper

kasper Junior Member

i am interested we have 9 trucks with 2 salt trucks i am in southern cuyahoga and northern summit counties email is kasperski6@sbcglobal.net

15. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Amanda ???

How can anyone send you a private message when you have that option turned off ?:nono:

16. Mark Oomkes

That was in one of my posts that was deleted because it was 'off topic'. You can't PM or receive a PM until you have been a member for 30 days and have 25 posts or something like that.

Sure seems helpful to me.

17. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Ok

OK, didn't know. I have made my cell # available but still no call:rolleyes:

18. Mark Oomkes

I found that out the hard way, too.

Not a problem, just trying to help, but that gets more and more difficult.

19. CSMidwest

CSMidwest Junior Member

Hello

Hey there..

If I called the right number, I just left you a voice message :)

Sorry about the delay. My nextel didn't seem to want to work here in the mountain state this morning. I'll try you back again after 2 if no call back.

Amanda

20. CSMidwest

CSMidwest Junior Member

Wv

Still looking for people in Dunbar, Hurricane, Huntington, Weston, Fairmont, Bluefield, Parkersburg, Morgantown, Star City and Beckly.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.