1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seeking Owner operators in Wyoming, MI 49509

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Watkins, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Watkins

Watkins Member

Watkins Services is seeking a qualified company to plow 3 commercial locations in the location of
    Wyoming, MI 49509

Must have the following.
    Updated plow permit / license
    Commercial liability insurance with at least a 1 million dollar policy

Thank you,

Pm me or email me.
    Joe @WatkinsServices.com
  2. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Wow you guys need a plowing permit?!?!?!
  3. Watkins

Watkins Member

Yea, it seems to keep the illegitimate guys off the streets and keeps the ones paying taxes and insurance operating with appropriate bids and prices.

Plowing in K-Zoo Wyoming and Grand Rapids without a license is a misdemeanor with fines and upto 90 days in jail :dizzy:
  4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

That right there is funny.

Too bad it isn't true.
  5. delong17

delong17 Senior Member
    from 48009

not true at all. I have a friend that lives in Grand Rapids who is a cop who is here for thanksgiving. You need a license to drive a truck, you don't need a permit unless you are building a salt box onsite at a commercial property, and he says that sometimes isnt the case becuase most properties are owned by one person, this only pertained to properties owned by groups, partners, or Investment Companies
  6. Woodenshoe

Woodenshoe Member

Sorry, wrong answer!

In the city limits of Grand Rapids, Kentwood and Wyoming you need a snow plowing license for each registered vehicle involved in snow removal operations. Grand Rapids police officers have strict orders from the chief NO EXCEPTIONS!! Up to $500 fine and/or 90 days in Jail.
  7. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

How do you go about getting a permit for plowing? Is there some sort of test?
  8. Woodenshoe

Woodenshoe Member

Call the city wherever you plan on plowing, it's mainly paper work and insurance coverage so they know who to contact if there is damage or improper snow removal procedures (dumping snow in the street or on the walks)... Grand Rapids is around $250 to register + $25 for each vehicle, Walker is a little less, and I can't remember Kentwood and Wyoming...

Anyone with a vehicle can plow snow, but to do it the right way is not nearly as profitable as people think!!
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  9. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

Lol! That is very true. I've plowed in the country for the past few years and it seems less of a hastle.
  10. gbtl

gbtl Member

walker is 35
  11. gbtl

gbtl Member

GR just likes to take you to the woodshed.