1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seeking lost knowledge...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MN_Safari_Pilot, Dec 5, 2010.

1. MN_Safari_Pilot

MN_Safari_Pilot Junior Member
    from MN

Good Sunday all from the snowy Twin Cities, MN. I could use some help...

After exhaustive searching, I find a need for some help finding information on an apparently lost to time Bonnin (hope I'm spelling this correctly) brand plow set-up. My searches only turn up references to this manufacturer on obscure auction sites and has become quite frustrating..

Does anyone have any idea where I might look to or better yet personal knowledge regarding these plows? I will try to include the pics I have... maybe that could help identify this thing... looks like a meyers or leo but not quite... or if I am wrong please let me know.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I have a bead on a seemingly good deal and the snow is piling up fast... YAY! Hope to hear from someone soon!

Safe plowing to all and if ya ain't got snow yet, I wish it way too!

Thanks

Ryan
    Rosemount, MN

bonnin frnt.jpg

bonnin rear.jpg

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

My suggestion? Look elsewhere if you want to plow in a hurry.

3. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

That's a Leo(which is definitely no Meyer!). The compression trip springs and the big turntable give it away...not to mention the big hoop. It appears to be missing the lift cylinder, and I can't see the angle cylinders either...but they might be buried in snow. Truck Utilities makes them to this day....a damn good plow.

http://www.truckutilities.com/Leo-Snow-Plow.html

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  4. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

Keep in mind that you'll need a pump, which is usually mounted in the engine compartment on light duty trucks. You can also buy skid plates to mount on your skid.

5. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

So Ryan, what ever happened....did you buy this plow, or is it still for sale?

6. MN_Safari_Pilot

MN_Safari_Pilot Junior Member
    from MN

Naw...

... sorry for the long reply Eric. He wound up selling it before I could get there. But thanks for the input and concern!

Ryan