1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seeking first commercial proposal advice

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by afekete, Feb 19, 2010.

1. afekete

afekete Member
    from NJ

After running around for 25 hours last week during the big NJ dump, a potential commercial customer approached me asking for a quote to handle thier 10 car lot.

They wanted to make sure that the lot is always clear down to the blacktop, the 50ft of invalid ramp is always clear, and to make sure that the front walkway (30ft) and the front and rear steps were also clear.

I charge my residential customers per push or have most signed up for a seasonal cost but putting this together seems a lot more complicated but I also want to make sure that I don't undersell or over bid the contract.

This year in central/northern NJ we had a fair share of snow fall but it appears to me that the commercial side of this business requires more attention to ensure customer safety.

Can anyone provide me with advice to the average cost per push or per storm including the shoveling of the walks and ramp area?

thanks in advance!
    Andrew

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

10 car lot, with the ramp and other headaches, goes for around $35-$55 around here depending on degree of difficulty and how picky they are. i would talk to them about a trigger for snow removal but if they want black top all the time i wouldn't go higher then a 2 inch trigger otherwise it well be getting packed down too much between plows JMO

3. afekete

afekete Member
    from NJ

thanks

We had them at $60 just for plowing and salting but hten the owner said she wanted all the walks, front and back, done the same.

Last snow here dumped over 20 inches and I can't imagine what the cost of that service would've been.

We get $100 + to do some huge driveways in neighboring towns but those are few and far between.

thanks again,
    Andrew