1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seeking advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Qualey, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Qualey

Qualey Junior Member

As some of you know, we will not be doing snow removal this year. However, many of my accounts require year round service and have been asking if we will work for them this year. I am thinking about subcontracting the lots out. What I want to know is what is the best way to do this? I am interested in hweariong from anybody who has been on eother side of this deal.

I will demand a covenant not to compete (we retain the summer work), but any other suggestions?

I feel it would be best if I gave the clients a price and billed them for the work. The sub would be paid their rate by me. Make sense?

Thanks for any tips

Matt Qualey
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Makes sense. Make sure your subs have their own insurance and you have a copy on file.
  3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Ditto Mick's comments. That's exactly how it's done. Treat your subs right & they will treat you right.