1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seek knowlegde from snow gods

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by CaptainsLS, Oct 7, 2007.

1. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

I could really use some help here. Rather than asking for you to do my job and price it out, could you just give me feedback on this pricing structure. I'm not aware of the sqft of this lot, there are loading docks and a fire lane in the back of the building. this is what i came up with. Also this is my first time sanding. Equipment is as follows:
    06 350 diesel dump w/ fisher, F700 with 5 yard sander, F250 with fisher, guy with a shovel. Skid if needed.
    0-1.9 $330
    2-4 $450
    4.1-6 600
    6.1-8 900
    8.1-10 1050
    10.1-12 1200
    12.1-14 1500
    14.1-16 1950
    16.1-18 2100

sanding full lot-370
    sanding only travel lanes-250
    sidewalk sanding-150
    loading ares sanding-210

thanks in advance for any help

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Going by your price/inch structure...those numbers are way low (for my area) Id also make things less confusing by using less intervals of inches. if you are definitley going by inches personally id go..

I dont wanna give you prices because its totally up to you. But minimum push i would want for that (not including sand) would be at least $600. If your running 2 trucks and a skidsteer thats a lot of expenses for one lot. If it takes 2 hours to plow that lot id figure around or over $100 for fuel for 3 vehicles nevermind the hourly rate of your guys, if they get $25 an hour thats $150 for 3 guys for 2 hours. You already paid out $250. If you want $330... your not going home with much in your pocket.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  3. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

Thank you for your input. I unfortunately have no say in the measurements. Do you feel that the "structure" of the price increments are correct if I raise the base price? Commercial removal is new to me. Should a well established, experienced management company expect to pay over $1000 for a light snowfall with sanding? Or will I shock them? I know this is only speculative, i'm just looking for input from experience. I know only one F250 was doing this lot last year.
    I also find it odd that "loading areas" are to be quoted separate from the "full lot sanding" I would think if one needs it, so does the other?
    I'm paying $65 per yard from my sand salt mix if that helps.
  4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

To me, that seems like a simple straight forward lot, no stupid islands, structures, etc and lots of places to put snow.
    It shouldn't take all that long to do.
    1 guy could do that in 3 to 4 hours I would think (You think???) makes me think it's not all that far off, maybe a little low.
    I agree with the other guy, too many categories. 2-5, 5-8, etc
    I don't even bid over 12", too hard to judge, we go straight hourly at that blizzard point, your area may be different.
  5. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

I figured it taking us 2 hours for anything under 4" once we get familiar with the lot. This lot is smack in the middle of all my accounts ( with a coffee shop purplebou ) so I planed on just leaving the sander truck at the location.