1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seeder Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by staley52, Oct 27, 2003.

1. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

I have a tow behind fertilizer/seed spreader I figure it would work good for light ice melt but would it work with salt. it is a 2 bushel hopper with 12" air tires it is not the tiny plastic ones you get at walmart I would like to try it out but am afraid of trashing it first time out any one else try this

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Staley, I've only got one property where I need to spread salt. I use a scotts speedy green rotary spreader which holds one 50lb. bag of salt at a time. Never had a problem with it. I still use it in the off season for my yard! I wash it after every use. It sounds like the spreader you have will work just fine.

3. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

great I was worried about the salt being too heavy compaired to seed and fertilizer

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Staley, just curious. Where at in Iowa are you? I'm in Bettendorf(quad cities)