1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Section for JEEP topics

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Boutallnite, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I think there are enough people that plow with jeeps. Who thinks we need our own section on this forum to post jeep issues?. it would be alot simpler searching for things.
    Just my 2 cents.

2. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

I'm all for it. I have 2 Wranglers, one with a Blizzard 680. I often have questions which are "Jeep Only" related.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I have 2 Jeep brand vehicals myself and I am getting a 3rd soon to restore.

4. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

how many jeeps?

I wonder how many of us have jeeps?

5. Tarkus

Some of those older Jeep brand 4x4's are tuff as nails!

6. Plowanator

Plowanator Junior Member

I have a wrangler with a 7' western, and 5 sang bags for weight, plows good, id like to see a section just for jeeps. Be like anyother froum the fullsize guys and teh jeepers haha

7. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

I have 3 Jeeps, one of which i'm putting a plow on. A Jeep section would be nifty.

8. Tarkus

The used to say that "you have not really owned a 4WD until you owned a Jeep"

9. smiti105

smiti105 Member

I have a 83 CJ7 in the works. I guess you think there are to many threads about Jeeps on here? Should there be seperate discussions for Dodges, Fords, Chevys, and other vehicles too? I think that there would not be as many responses if there was a seperate place for Jeeps. Just my opinion.

10. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

I'm jeepin too. 97 Cherokee. Thinking about getting a plow.....which means I probably won't :(

11. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I'm with ya, I have a 86 cj7 with a 6 1/2 meyer. This is my first year to plow. I would love to see a jeep section ,lets make it happen.

12. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Umm... there is!

I'd love a Jeep forum. As it is, I split my time between here and JeepsUnlimited.com

It would be nice to address Jeep/plow issues together.

Jeff Pierce

13. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I suppose there is a place here for Ford, Dodge and Chevy talk. There seems to be plenty of Jeep guys here so why not. I have a 42' Ford GPW which is basically a Jeep so I might qualify.

14. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

re:Jeep

Let's do it Plowsite...

15. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i said that last year go fig

16. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman Member

Add another vote for a Jeep section. It is difficult to search anything Jeep related, its all spread out.

17. plucnik

plucnik Junior Member
    from Chicago

Wrangler O2 sensor

Hey...great idea for a Jeep section! Here's my problem. I have a '97 Wrangler 4.0 manual trannie w/Western 6.5. I've experienced occasional engine shutdowns when I'm plowing for 4-5 hours. It will usually start back up after a few minutes of sitting but last year I needed a tow back to the house. I replaced the upstream O2 sensor and that fixed it....temporarily. At the end of last year, I started to get the occasional shutdown problem again. Could I be "overheating" the sensor when I'm pushing it? I heard that the sensor has a battery inside. A mechanic said that I can unplug the sensor but the mileage will suffer. (who gets "gas mileage" when plowing anyway?) I unplugged it and seems to run a bit better. Maybe I should replace both upstream and downstrem sensors with OEM parts? (I replaced with a Boche) Anyone else have this problem? Whadayathink? Pete :help:

18. festerw

festerw Senior Member

If you replaced it before and it was working OK, I would replace them with OEM. For some reason DC cars and trucks don't seem to play well with Bosch oxygen sensors. If you check around the prices for OEM are not much more than Bosch. If you go to
    www.ngk.com and type in 23017 you need 2, same sensor front and back. Grand Total (before Shipping) $99.70.

19. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I had something like that happend to me a few times last winter. I narrowed it down to a an overheating fuse for the fuel pump. A few minutes rest would do the trick.

20. plucnik

plucnik Junior Member
    from Chicago

Thanks for the replies. I checked the ngk site. The price sounds right but.....is it really OEM stuff? I found a site www.buymopar.com that has OEM @ $70 per. I'll check the fuel pump fuse thing also. Has anyone else experienced the same problem while plowing?