1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Second truck (SUV)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well I finally have another vehicle to strap a plow to now. Got rid of my car, Saturn, and bought this. Kept looking around here and found nothing other than over priced junk. So I searched the Erie, Pa craigslist and found this. It is a 1992 Chevy K1500 Blazer 4x4 with the 350. Pretty sure it has the TH700R4 trans (yuck!!) I got it from the original owner with 136,000 babied miles. His wife is a traveling nurse and used it in the winter. Brand new tires, never plowed nor towed anything (no hitch) either. It is the sport model with the Silverado trim. It also has the original window sticker too. Has a heavy duty trans cooler and oil cooler, heavy duty front t-bars, and 4 leaves on each side in the rear ( I think is the same as the 2500's of that era) skid plates, and 3:73 gearing. The inside is fully loaded, minus leather seats and power passenger seat. I picked it up in Corry, PA, about 30 miles outside of Erie. The guy was asking 1500, and I got it for 1200 cash. Not bad at all if you ask me. Runs like a champ, everything works and get pretty good gas mileage too!!!

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

$1200?? You stole it dude! Nice find.
  3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Congrats! Hope it treats you good. Those blazers are my favorite of all time.
  4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Yep 1200 bucks!! It needs a paint job and a plow, lol. Has the typical late 80's early 90's GM paint peel on the hood and front of the doors.
    Thanks!!! Im starting to like this thing more than my 2000, lol. Gets better gas mileage, still a family vehicle since I have kids and just like driving a pick up
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

That is a nice rig!! I have one like it also, got for $800, but has rust issues. Really a great plow truck! I have a 7'6'' Boss V on it, and it is a bit much for the front end, I added Timbrens to help... but I'm putting bigger torsion bars on also. It is one of the most nimble rigs out there!
  6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks!!! Im not looking to hang a V from the front of this, lol. But it is good to know it can handle it. This is going to be my driveway rig, that way I can take on more commercial stuff with the 2500 since it sucks for drives around here
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks real clean and for $1200 you couldn't go wrong.
  8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great driveway rig and good find...enjoy it. Now you going to be double dipping this winterpayup
  9. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I bought a brand new one like it in 1994. My was a Yukon SLE that plowed well (great turning radius) with a 71/2' Fisher. I had it for almost 100K with no issues but the actuator failing 2 times, once under warranty. They were common to go and if they still are problematic, keep a extra one around since that are not to much money. I saw it still going strong a month ago and I sold it in 1999!

Nice find and good, luck.
  10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks guys:waving:

Yaz, I will keep one handy. Thanks for that update. I am trying to go through it now and weed out any worn pieces while it is still nice and warm outside. I hate fixing stuff in the middle of winter
  11. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

they are good plow trucks this one is a 94

here is my buddy tommy in his truck from new image (it is the bosses truck in the summer undercover style) it has a fisher min mount hydraulic

you tube