1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Second truck finally!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I am finally going to buy a second truck for next season. Its a 92 F150 heavy half ton, I am buying it from a State Trooper I work with. He bought a new F150 this summer and its been sitting ever since. It needs some work like both L&R tie rod ends, 4x4 shift rod and some very minor work. Also the bed is shot but its going to be my flatbed. I am a mechanic for the Police so working on it is gravey. Best of all I got it for $400.00 and that includes all the parts he was going to replace. He just (last winter) put new Warn manual locking hubs, new axles joints, new brakes pads, and a few other things. The cab is in great shape so a quick Maco paint job and its good to go. (hopefully,lol)

2. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

sounds like a great deal, are you going to be plowing with it, or just use it for lawncare ect?

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I think by the time I am done with it it will be just in time for winter so I'm thinking just a plow and salt truck then next summer possibly a back up truck for lawn care.