1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

second time my e58 has stopped working after only two passes

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by kcjeepcreep, Dec 25, 2009.

1. kcjeepcreep

kcjeepcreep Junior Member

well tonight i was going to be nice and plow my sisters drive off i pulled up back drug it enough to where i could angle it off to the sides of the drive and tried to raise and it wouldnt do anything won't raise wont angle its full of fluid it has power to the motor has power to the solenoid/solenoid ohms out good. It did this last time and i took it home and checked everything then tried it again and it worked? i did take the popet out on the right side of the pa block and put it back in. Any other ideas?

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I'm thinking that your fluid is freezing up........

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Does the motor at least run when you attempt to raise or angle. Or do you have absolutely nothing at all?

4. mmacsek

mmacsek Junior Member

So how do you fix this? I had this happen alot today,very annoying. I started plowing last year and the plow was purchased new. Plowing is an addon service for my landscaping business. Thanks Matt

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Being frozen up you mean? By doing a thorough flush and fluid change at least once a season.

6. mmacsek

mmacsek Junior Member

Thanks. Sorry for the basic questions but this is all new and the dealer is no help. Matt

7. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

If your plow is freezing up, you have to fix the problem of water getting into your system or it doesn't do much good to flush it out because it will just freeze up again. It may buy you some time but that depends on how easy it is for the water to get in the system.

8. mmacsek

mmacsek Junior Member

Kenyou, How do you determine where the water is getting in? This plow was purchased brand new and in the off season it is kept inside. I usually take it to a car wash after a plow and wash the truck because of the salt. Could this be the problem? I had 2 events last year and this year we had 2 already. It was hardly used. I'm not doubting what anybody is suggesting but I'm very new at plowing. Thanks again. Matt

9. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

If you have water in the oil it should look milky, If it looks ok you might have another problem. You said you have power to the motor but (as b&b asked) you didnt say if the motor is running

10. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Welcome to Plow Site

Like Bashby said, you may have another problem. IF it is freezing up, the fluid will be milky instead of clear. As for water getting in the system, it doesn't take much. You could have a bad seal due to pitted rams. Being that the plow is new, I doubt that. You might have a loose fitting some place. But most important now, is that you said that you take it to the car wash. We all do that, but if anything is not exactly right, the car wash will force the water in. Infact I've seen where they tell a motor cycle owners not to wash their engines that way for fear of it forcing water into the engine.
    A leak in the Hydro system can be so minor and still mess your day up. If you can see the slightest bit of plow fluid, the water can get in. Good luck!

11. mmacsek

mmacsek Junior Member

I cannot say thanks enough. I will flush/change the fluid on Monday and check fittings. Have a great day. Matt

12. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

A pressure washer will blow right past a seal if you get too close and hit it at the right angle. It seems the meyer ddesign is bad for letting water in, I've heard that it gets in through the wiper seal. Makes sense since water and snow/ice will sit on top of it