1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

second opinnion

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by crabman, Dec 14, 2006.

1. crabman

crabman Junior Member

what do guys think on my bid for this gas station close to 30,000 sf, 1-3in 275.00 ,50.00in for additional snow.1in trigger,pre salt reguired 175.00.(this is my first commercial bid) also two entrances, two gas pump islands,the rest is mostly open lot.,sorry for the blurry photo. thanks

hess milltown.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  2. crabman

crabman Junior Member

what could be wrong

wondering why i have not got a reply?maybe in the wrong thread,not interesting enough, i bid this property on the information i gained from this site in the past three or four months,just wanted to know if a did ok on this bid.could it be that title subject wasn't right.
  3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

You'll know if you did alright when you get the contract, till then you'll have to wait. That seams high in this area but that just here, good luck.
  4. crabman

crabman Junior Member

thanks DJ Contracting for the come back i should find out soon.
  5. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

i think it's kinda low, but who am I Im sure you did okay for your area.
    I would probably bid $200.00 "PER PUSH". But some guy in my area would come and bid $125.00 just to get the work.

You'll know in the end if your making money. Just figure how long it takes per plowing, then add your costs. Then figure how much salt you use. You'll know if your in the green.
  6. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

In my area, that would be a little high, but if you went south of me one hour, I think it would be low:dizzy:
    As said, figure time and cost, and see if you make a few bucks. adjust accordingly.
    Good luck, and hope you get it!!!
  7. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Use this property as your learning experience and this time next year you'll know full well what it'll cost you to make a decent profit.

Also since no one has brought it up,Beware of the caps for filling the underground tanks they are a bugger to work around and costly to replace so keep your head up while working around that area.

Are you also doing any sanding & salting on this lot? Good luck
  8. crabman

crabman Junior Member

landed this one

thanks everyone for the pointers and encouragement,they want me to give them a price on two more locations.all about the same square footage.within 5 miles of each other i think i will try to get them also. have friend for back up in case of big storm. what to you guys think?.
  9. crabman

crabman Junior Member

thanks will be carefull around the caps salting is reguired
  10. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

I would bid

1 to 3" = 142.00
    3 to 5 = 214.00
    5 to 7 = 375.00

anything over 7" add the 1 to 3 inch price and so on...

Salt would be:
    243.00 per application = 1.25 tons of salt
  11. crabman

crabman Junior Member

happy holidays rnblase how do you estimate salt? i was thinking about 500 lb to start off with.did a few barrel rolls myself a few years ago .
  12. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Wow mblase, you're putting down salt at 1.75 tons per acre? I'd love to be your salt dealer. . . .

We usually apply 400 to 800 pounds per acre, depending on conditions. . . .