1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

second opinion

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 9, 2005.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

My old boss called wants to know if i'll help out now and then if i'am done with my route. I told them maybe. If i do help out its only going to be at one lot because its only 1 mile from my house. Told them $35.00 hr because no promises when i can get there or how long i can stay.
    Or should i just stay away?
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Sounds like you've already decided. If you're happy with it, that's what counts.
  3. grandview

I'am still not sure.Getting old i just want go plow my stuff go back to bed. Getting harder plowing 4-5 days non stop but i do still like to plow oh well:rolleyes:
  4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

You will never get to Margaritaville plowing (with your truck I assume) at $35 an hour! My advice, go home or find more profitable work!
  5. grandview

I know its not much but i have a full commercial route myself they asked me to help out if i get finnished with my stuff early. As i wrote before i drive right by the place so i stop in help out if i want to. I plowed this place with them for 8 yrs so i know where every curb is and where to put the snow. they streched themselves to much i think and they have 3 employees that never plowed before. So if they need me find if not i go home back to bed.
  6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

If you're happy then that's all- I agree you already decided.
  7. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

your help would be more valuable at 100 per hour.

at 100, you are the wiley, seasoned old timer who can give the young punks advice on how to do it.
  8. grandview

Yes i could plow circles around them but i don't want any hard feeling but they will back me up without question.